Saturday, January 17, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!

I had a treat last night, the phone rang and Bri called me to find Ann from County Cork on the other end. What a lovely surprise it was to hear from my quilting friend, the one I met at the Quilt Fair two years ago and again last year. She was passing Birmingham but unfortunately she couldn't stop for a cuppa because she had to catch a 'plane home, maybe next time. It was a real pick-me-up on a gloomy winter's evening. The Internet has turned out for me to be a lovely way to keep in touch with friends from far off places, and to make them feel like next door neighbours. I hope Ann and I will see each other from time to time at the quilt fairs but, if not, we can still send photos and news at the click of a mouse button.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the internet is excellent for keeping in touch like this? My mum says that it will never replace the joy of sending and receiving letters, and although part of me agrees, I would never have 'met' many good gardening friends without the 'web.

    ReplyDelete