Friday, April 2, 2010

My Kind of Package Holiday...

...comes with our postie Ian who brings me all sorts of holidays, the latest one being on safari to Botswana with Madam Precious Ramotswe. When I open Alexander McCall Smith's books I just go there off in the baking sun drinking Red Bush Tea and eating fruit cake on a scorched porch sorting out the latest mystery. Sometimes I go off to a tropical island looking for treasure in a little sea plane, but not so often as I go to Minnesota, baking cookies with Hannah Swensen as she solves the odd murder, or maybe to Pickaxe or Brrrr four hundred miles from everywhere with Quill and his two cat detectives, Koko and Yum Yum solving absolute mayhem. Texas with Biggi a grandmother deputy sheriff is another favourite hangout. I love armchair travelling, luggage is never lost and the plane always leaves on time. Most of all I love our postie coming down the path bringing a ticket to somewhere wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment