Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Great Expectations

Today was another good day down the plot. Yesterday, we finished mucking up the beds which left us the raspberry canes to cut down along with the buddlea and the famous shed to clean out.
Well! The shed was like walkingionto "Miss Haverhsam's" with the whole of it covered in cobwebs, spiders (big ones) and moth cases, empty I'm glad to say. It took two solid hours to empty, sweep and clean it with Jeyes fluid but I have to say it is a "Pip" now and awaiting action.
Bri spent those two hours on the raspberry bed which is now looking good - just some wire to mend around the posts to keep them from escaping and running amok. We are now ready to produce this years bounty.
Meanwhile, at home "I Got Mail" I had been looking for a book on Amazon and Google which was the first book ever bought for me besides Annuals. I always got mine from the library. It was from my Auntie Violet and while I was doing our family tree I was reminded of it fondly. So, I searched and searched and found "Mistress of the Air" by Dorothy Carter. It was Christmas 1953 when Auntie Violet bought it for me. I wonder if I will still love it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment