Friday, March 26, 2010

Do It Yourself Lunch

I have been driven mad by food since our outing to The Butlers Arms. I need to have real food in my life, not arty stuff with no substance. So, still feeling cheated by our misadventure, today I am cooking us an obscene amount of fresh veg soup which is bubbling away and with it we shall have crusty bread and, to follow, a banana, apricot spiced loaf which I am watching rise in the oven at this moment. Now that to me is lunch.
I watch Masterchef and always feel women have to live up to this fancy stuff they produce but we don't, we just need our families to enjoy what is cooked with love. John Torode's new gimmick of cooking and having the contestants guess the ingredients, has done me the world of good as no one recognises the meat or lobster main ingredient with all the unnecessary marinades and over spicing So I think there is still hope for all of us home cooks who value and respect expensive ingredients a little more than the T.V chefs do. We will , however, try The Green Man at Middleton next week after our fellow plot holder Hazel and Terry and Yvonne have given it the thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. I'll give a thumbs up to the Green Man, but I'd rather stop by your kitchen for some of that soup!

    ReplyDelete