Sunday, January 24, 2010

Age Renew My ****!

This week I had to buy some new make up so I bought the one that promised to make fine lines disappear and it actually said ‘makes you look five years younger’. Well, it made me look thirty odd years younger, it gave me teenage spots to go with the fine lines. When it comes to feeling younger in an instant, it has to be the call of the wild, the open air. Yesterday was the first day that it hasn’t been freezing, raining, snowing for more than twelve hours and it must have struck hope into the heart of every gardener. It almost felt like Spring. Bri and I couldn’t resist a quick trip down the plot to check the shed (which needs tidying) and we was thinking Oh No! It will be an horrendous task to bring the plot back to life. No! it was a wonderful surprise yo us to see that there hadn’t been mayhem and destruction from the weather. There are still carrots leeks and parsnips to be had and obviously no weeds because of the cold. There’s plenty of muck to spread, oh what joy...Max Factor can keep their makeup full of empty promises. Forage renewal and feeling and looking younger, it’s fresh air and the plot all the way for me, Bri looked good to me on the way home too while we made plans for next weeks visit if the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment