Monday, February 23, 2009

Not So Blue Mondays

This Monday afternoon as I sat down to work on my bear paw quilt, I thought how pleased I am with the leaf design I have chosen as it is really pretty and I am well satisfied with the way it is coming along. As I have been stitching, I have been thinking of another group of stitchers, the Sew and Sews in County Cork which my pen friend Ann belongs to. They turn out some truly stunning work. They meet every Monday and whoever gets there first lights the fire ( good job it's not me with my record of lighting fires) and they settle down to a good afternoon of stitching and gossiping and a cosy time is enjoyed by all. I wish I belonged to their group and can only hope that my quilt will come up to their standard when it is finished. This will probably be another six months for the amount of time I am able to spend on it with all the other things that seem to crop up, but it's good to know that it's there to come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment