Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tails of the Unexpected

Unexpected is the only word to describe the surprises I got from our feline friends the last two days. Yesterday, Will (Scarlett) appeared in the kitchen - now Will often comes to collect Molly, but never comes in. But Molly was having a very rare nap so he came in to find her. She was really pleased and happily ran off with him to play.
After Bri came home lunchtime, he went off to feed and check on Henry and Ferret as usual, and to our very big surprise, Ferret (Jones), who we thought must be an undercover agent, because he is never seen out and about, followed him home. (He does love Bri, he rolls over for a tummy rub, Ferret that is, not Bri). He never comes right up to the door but he too popped in yesterday but popped back out again rather smartish. Bri walked him back home, but he appeared again in the evening and we had to take him back again. He is, of course, always welcome but he's not like Henry who knows his way around so well.
The biggest surprise for me though, was my little Molly - how I have dreamt that she would love to quilt with me like Amy, (my old cat who never missed a stitch in her twenty one years). Today, I got my wish. She took hold of my quilting pencil as I drew the design on my quilt and wouldn't let it go - well it's a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment