Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bread and Brass Monkeys

With the weather taking a turn for the worse, and it feeling like winter on the plot, we hurriedly potted on lettuce, sowed a few more beans as nothing has turned up yet, had a quick chat with Wendy and Carl the newcomers opposite the gate, whose plot is looking delightful, and said thank you to Barry for offering some white broccoli spears for me to steam, which we will pick tomorrow. We hurried home out of the cold and wind to try and persuade Molly to venture out. Nothing doing there, she's no fool. She has a cosy position on the back of the settee where she can look out without shivering. Talk about a fair weather cat! So what do we do with the rest of the day before going to Terry and Yvonne's for lunch? I know, we'll make bread, something I've wanted to do for a long time and now I have read about biga, I think I know how to get it less like a brick. My last effort could have been used as a murder weapon and the evidence eaten! So, I am making an Italian/ French country loaf. If all goes well, I shall be putting a photo of my loaf at the end of this. If not, we shall be using it as a door stop. Well, we are back from lunch and my bread must have been a success because I took it with me and my little great-niece (2), who wouldn't eat her dinner, had a slice and then asked for another and she didn't have to butter me up.

1 comment:

  1. and what a portion of Bread it was, our PORTION lasted 4 days, finaly finished off tonight as TOAST. and fine TOAST it was. Saw our first Bats a couple of nights ago !!! must be getting warmer !!! ???? No sign of our Potatoes though !!!!!!!
    Arrivaderchee x

    ReplyDelete