Saturday, October 10, 2009

Who Stole September?

I can't believe, as I am sitting here with the smell of Christmas wafting through the warm house, that we are already into October. It was so cold yesterday, that we decided to put the central heating on early and start our Christmas cake which is cooking as I write, so it will be well fed by December, which, at this rate, won't be long.
I was still waiting for an Indian Summer when all the signs say it is well and truly Autumn, such as the rust coloured carpet of leaves covering the pavements, the squirrels collecting and burying conkers everywhere followed by the magpies who are busily digging them up again. Our resident hedgehog is getting fatter by the day ready for his long nap and the low flying geese who have made their long journey, plus our dear Molly, who we have had two years this week, asking for the fire to be switched on. I want to know why the months are suddenly passing a lot faster - are there still thirty days in September?
Where's my camera, I don't want to miss October!

No comments:

Post a Comment