Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wedding Cake Walk Part ll

Aunt Plum's Big Adventure (Bri's too, of course)
Well, there are just four days left to our nephew's Big Day, and the cake is done, in the box, and ready for collection to go to the florist. Phew!! I really did it, what a learning curve, but now I have calmed down a bit, and can almost sleep I can reflect on an adventure never to be forgotten and I think I'm glad I did it! The worse bit for me is yet to come. It will be when the Happy Couple pick up that knife and I shall have to stop from hurling myself onto the table to stop them from cutting it. What has got me through it, though, was Bri and my family's unwavering faith in me and my memories of my Dad always saying to me, " just do your very best", and my Mom always telling me, "you can do it". I guess they were all right, and so I thank them...
P.S What I really learned, was making a cake for tea is one thing - a Wedding Cake completely another!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic, Plum - WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful- no one would ever know it's your first!

    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete