Saturday, August 29, 2009

Wedding Cake Blues

I woke up this morning with one thing on my mind and a gibbering wreck...
it was to start on our nephew's wedding cake. This has terrified me for two years since he asked me to do it, as I have never made one before, only an occasional quick birthday cake, but, he insisted that I did it, and who can say no to our dear nephew who is about to tie the knot next week? So first up, the small madeira cake which is the top tier and the most important. I need to get this right.
Two hours later, frazzled but not too unhappy with my effort, it is marzipanned, smoothed and polished and stuck to the turntable! Half and hour later, it has been prised off and carefully placed on a piece of foil to dry ready for the next step. I will remember not to go over the board with the marzipan next time. Just the middle and bottom fruit tiers to go !

No comments:

Post a Comment