Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where There's Muck, There's Gold

As we were driving home from Terry and Yvonne's yesterday, I discovered my tiny gold bracelet was missing, this was tragic news to me as it was a present from Bri for a special anniversary and I had never taken it off from day one. Help! Where could I start looking? We had been in Terry's garden, down the allotment picking salad etc, across a large car park. All seemed very very lost.
I am not one to give up, however, so I phoned Yvonne who straight away searched the garden, hall, driveway, but no luck. We searched the car park on the way home, nothing! This left the plot, all the veg patch, rhubarb bed, lettuce leaves, spinach and strawberry patch. Never in a pig's eye will I find it. Yet, after a very careful search with my heart and soul in it, I found my bracelet on the side of a path in the potato plot and the little gold padlock buried in the pumpkin patch, was I lucky or what? It was the finest, dearest picking to come off our allotment and the old saying 'where there's muck' is certainly true because I dug in horse muck to find my very sentimental gold...

No comments:

Post a Comment