Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Bunch of Sweet Peas

Today, I realised a dream, I brought home a really good bunch of heavenly scented sweet peas. I was first taken up with the idea of having an allotment from a book called 'A Bunch of Sweet Peas' by Henry Donald (Canongate). It was a short story about a vicar who entered a sweet pea competition and it caught my imagination. Firstly, the book was beautifully illustrated, a lovely story and the competition pages became addictive; I had to grow my own, then I got carried away and wanted to grow everything of my own and so I am.
Plum

3 comments:

  1. I recognise that plot!!! Hi ya Jody here, plot 17a. Great blog Ill add you to my links list. My blog is: allotlikelife.blogspot.com, althought Im abit slow on updating it lately!

    see you soon

    jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. fancy advertising the annual show on yr blog?? goto new post, isert image and cut n paste the address below into the URL section and it should appear, hopefully!

    http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u10/yodstarr/allotment%20general/?action=view&current=A4HillAnnualShow.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi guys ignore the last link ive had trouble getting it to work. if you still want to put something up use:

    http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u10/yodstarr/allotment%20general/A4HillAnnualShow.jpg

    jody

    ReplyDelete