Sunday, October 31, 2010

My own Gobolino (the witches cat)

I can't believe it's eggs for tea Sunday again, which is how I always think of the clocks changing backwards. It is also Halloween tonight and I have finally managed to carve a pumpkin. I have wanted to do this for years but always have done it with my niece and nephew who got to the pumpkin first. Now they are grown it was my turn so I thought I would do something less scary than theirs. I chose a cat and a bat and here it is my first solo carving. I love the colour of pumpkins they are so comforting. Now we have a great-niece I decided to save the seeds and let her sow them next year and grow her own to carve and keep up what has become a family tradition. This is so much fun I can hardly wait!

3 comments:

  1. Very impressed with the carving! People will be putting in their orders for pumpkin carving next year. Did you see the carved pumpkins on Countryfile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Chris we did see that the portraits were brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - brilliant pumpkin carving! Love it!

    ReplyDelete