Monday, February 1, 2010

January Made Me Shiver...

....and today the weather man said that this January was officially the coldest for twenty years. When I woke up on Thursday morning, I found out why I was so cold on Wednesday and couldn't work when I went down the plot. I had succumbed to the dreaded lurgie, eyes running, sneezing, aching and all that went with it. Now I could either waste my time and wallow while I had to stay in to keep my germs to myself, or, use the energy I had got to plan this years crops, get on with my quilt big time, read a new author I had got from the library, cook comfort food, so I chose all of the latter and ended up having a very productive week. When I am fully recovered, I am now full of enthusiasm from my weeks planning to get down to our dear plot, give it a good digging over and start fresh. First up will be checking on all our seeds left from last year so that we don't waste any of them. Second will be to check our compost bin, after two years we should have a good haul. Oooh look at me, I'm ready to go, the flu must have done me good!

No comments:

Post a Comment