Sunday, November 29, 2009

Civilization restored..well almost

At last we have furniture back! I really thought we would never see it again as the days have crept past and I couldn't get him on the phone. But it has returned, brand new and a bit stiff; needs breaking in now, just like new slippers. With everything back in its place - we hate change - all is comfy cosy and we thought how peaceful and relaxing ... until there's a hell of a clatter in the kitchen and two huge cats fighting, neither of them ours. My favourite Royal Worcester mug (collectors item) smashed to smithereens by Ferret and Toby who had finally met up after weeks of us making them miss each other. They must have crept in through the cat flap one at a time whilst Molly was out and while we were admiring our new furniture. I am now looking on the Net for a replacement of my Art Deco Sails in the Sunset Royal Worcester mug, not the later conical shaped ones, if there is one left anywhere. I would settle for Castles in the Air instead if I could find one of those. Meanwhile, I said to Molly 'you can come upstairs with me to look for a mug'. She immediately started looking up the wall for bugs not mugs and made me laugh when I felt really fed up. It was a tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment