Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Victory Over Rationing?

During the Second World War, rationing made everyone resourceful, there was no choice. It is about to happen again according to the newspapers with the BIG recession looming over us. I have decided to make an early start with it being Christmas. I always mean to be extra thoughtful, so I thought what if I pretend we are being rationed - how would I handle Christmas? Well, better than I thought - I have tried to make everyone a little something (this should scare my family something rotten) to go along with their real presents.It has taken longer than shopping, but I have had time to think about favourite things or personalities or just fun things. I do hope everyone will like wondering, 'what the hell is this for?', when the wrappers come off. As for decorations, I am still pondering over what to do with the dried orange slices, sticks of cinnamon and tartan ribbon I bought thinking these will be great when I get them home and, and er...... you can't win 'em all, so, just in case... Thank goodness I still have our ration books.

No comments:

Post a Comment