Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Bears and I

I started a new quilt today, I am calling it the bears and I, it is a pure indulgence and will go with nothing in the house. I saw the material and I had a quilters moment when you just know you have to make that quilt. I love bears and so I started collecting fabric that would be woodsy with bears, flying geese,moose and log cabins and now after a year I have enough for it. So today I cut my first block which is of course the bear's paw pattern. Molly helped so it will probably take a little longer than I expected, I hope she will like quilting as much as Amy (our previous cat) who in 21 years never missed a stitch.

1 comment:

  1. Quilts aren't something commonly done in NZ I dont think ...But it certainly looks great :O) Must take an age to do ....

    D

    ReplyDelete